How did it feel taking the time to create something beautiful for your home last week?
We live such busy lives, with so many balls in the air, that it can seem frivolous taking time out and treating yourself and your home with something that’s fleetingly beautiful. It takes guts, and is super empowering, making the decision to prioritise beauty in your life.
One thing we’ve learnt: flowers don’t need to be complicated or extravagant to feel abundant and beautiful! The best way to enjoy flowers is to really use them in the places where they’ll catch your eye and make you smile. Even in the mundane places like on your kitchen sill, in your laundry or bathroom. A single blossom in a bud vase can be enough to light up your day when it catches your eye. A little reminder from nature to embrace each beautiful moment.
This week’s tutorial is about as easy as it gets, and no less beautiful for it! We’re keeping things light this week, but with lots of movement, using bud vases and in season botanicals.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this week’s easy project – Easy Breezy Bud Vases
WEEK TWO CHALLENGE: The Simple Life
You will need:
- 1 bunch of airy botanicals. We used Queen Anne’s Lace, but you could try branchy gypsophilia, billy buttons or waxflower,
- As many old jam jars, glasses, bud vases or bottles as you can find
Let’s do it!
- Remove all the lower leaves from your stems – this project works best with clean, light stems
- Fill your vessels 1/3 of the way up with water
- Pop one or two stems into each vase, keeping some low and short, and others long and wispy
- Cluster your vases into an airy centerpiece (this will look gorgeous mixed in with candles and tea lights)
- Or take your individual vases and pop them around your home – from your bathroom to windowsill or kitchen table