And just like that we’re at the final week of the Challenge!
Now that you’re skilled up on basic flower arrangements, and feeling zen after last week’s petal mandalas, we’re finishing up by circling back to what this is all about – YOU and finding joy in your space.
This week is a celebration of everything that makes up your personal style. Bringing together the things that bring you joy, doing flowers your way, and creating little pockets of your home that put a smile on your face.
This week’s project is to create a styled vignette of items that mean something to you. It’s an easy way to approach interior styling with soul, and a great way to style a shelf, coffee table or console. It’s even a fun way to do a table centrepiece with you written all over it.
And flowers and botanical elements are a staple in interior styling, so we’ll show you how this fits in.
We can’t wait to hear what you think of this week’s very personal project – Favourite Things. Don’t forget to jump into the Flower Squad Facebook Group to show us how you went!
WEEK FIVE CHALLENGE: Favourite Things
You will need:
- A selection of your favourite flowers and botanicals (fresh and/or dried will work)
- Trays, dishes, fabric or table runner
- Vases and vessels (recycled ones are great)
- Your favourite knick knacks – collected shells, photo frames, candles, bling, books etc
Let’s do it!
- start by getting everything in one place, and deciding on colours and themes that might work (I went with mostly neutral colours and wood tones)
- begin by laying out your flat items – this could even be a piece of fabric you love.
- add taller pieces at the back – tall vases, photo frames, etc
- create mini collections of items – 2 or 3 of each – and place them in a way that looks pleasing to you
- add your botanicals, in vases or simply laying them between your items
- finish off with a little bling – this could be a favourite ring, metallic figurine or candle holder
- edit! take out anything that looks jarring or that doesn’t quite fit
Now that you know how this works, you can use this to add carefully curated corners of your style all over your home!
If you haven’t officially signed up for 5MF Challenge, make sure you do to get your weekly shopping lists and weekly tutorials. It’s 100% FREE to do!
SIGN UP HERE
Share with a friend and do the challenge together!